Customer Marketing Specialist
We are a rapidly growing Enterprise SaaS company focused on redefining how companies find, win, and grow revenue.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a pioneer. A builder. A problem solver. Your mission will be to build a community of fanatic brand advocates and make their customer experience something to “write home to mom” about.
This position will report to our VP of Marketing and work directly with marketing and customer success teams to increase customer advocacy (including referrals, testimonials, references, etc.), educate users, identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities, and increase loyalty and retention. We are looking for a team player that doesn’t shy away from building new processes and proving how they drive revenue.
Strengths We Are Looking For:
- Forward Thinking: Incredibly creative marketing and communication skills
- Lives to Serve: Strong passion for serving and understanding customers
- Strategically-minded: A strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- Team Player: Interpersonal skills to help them nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams
Knowledge and Experience:
- The ability to write effective copy is a necessity
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or entrepreneurial street cred.
- Previous Customer Service, Customer Success, or Account Management experience
- Technical knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including Customer Relationship Management platforms and marketing automation platforms
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes
What You Will Be Doing:
This role is equal parts strategy and execution. This position requires creative marketing and communication skills to engage and motivate customer advocates. While you will need to be able to work independently, you also know the importance of collaborating with other departments to create an incredible customer experience and reach business goals.
- Build rapport with customers to increase renewals, referrals, and cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs, such as in-person/virtual events, workshops, annual conferences, awards programs, onboarding, and ongoing nurture campaigns
- Connecting with customers to ensure continued education and success throughout the relationship lifecycle
- Identifying key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Help marketing and sales meet business objectives through customer advocacy initiatives
- Compose and send customer emails
- Manage and maintain engagement and advocacy programs; continually recruit new customer advocates
- Create and manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories
- Manage annual/biannual/quarterly customer satisfaction surveys to drive change throughout the organization
- Develop a customer lifecycle campaign program
- Create special marketing content for account management/customer success to help at-risk customers with training
- Target happy customers for upsell, cross-sell, and advocacy opportunities
- Provide product feedback given by advocates to the Product team
Compensation + Perks:
- Competitive salary range based on experience.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefit Plans
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Parental Leave
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Work From Anywhere
- Director of Customer Marketing
- Director of Advocate Marketing
Let’s face it, location really doesn’t matter anymore. But, that doesn’t diminish our hometown pride. We are based in Sacramento, California in the heart of a revitalized and growing Downtown. Known as the City of Trees and California’s state capital, Sacramento is a rising urban area with a vibrant dining and entertainment scene, access to popular Northern California destinations, and consistently ranked in the Top 100 Best Places to Live in The United States.
As the nation’s Farm-to-Fork (Farm-to-Table) capital, Sacramento has access to 1.5 million acres of farms that grow more than 120 types of crops, which has produced an array of fantastic restaurants throughout the city with a level of fresh cuisine that’s unrivaled. The Sacramento area is also home to over 40 craft breweries and is centrally located to over eight wine regions, including Amador County, Lodi, and Napa Valley.
Sacramento’s prime location also means you’re less than 2 hours away from world-class skiing in Lake Tahoe or a night out in San Francisco. However, between the city’s burgeoning downtown area—and the new home for the NBA’s Sacramento Kings—historic sites dating back to Sacramento’s pioneering roots, and friendly, welcoming community, you’ll find plenty of reasons to stay in town.
Interested? Take The Next Step:
Please submit your resume, a link to your LinkedIn Profile, and any portfolio work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received we will review your documents and reach out to schedule a Discovery Call.