About the Role:
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a degree in a technical field like computer science or you have equivalent practical experience in a production setting.
- You have programming experience in Python, Go, or non-trivial shell scripting.
- You have experience operating databases at scale, especially open-source SQL databases like Postgres or CockroachDB. Bonus points for noSQL experience, especially MongoDB.
- You know Linux inside and out. Filesystems, inodes, system calls are second nature.
- You know your way around a network stack from firewalls to DNS to routing.
- It would be handy if you had experience with some of the following: distributed systems, database sharding, database performance, web application security, load testing, container orchestration such as Kubernetes.
- We’re heavy users of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s projects like Kubernetes, Envoy, and NATS, so talk to us about any experience in this area.
Compensation + Perks:
401k Retirement Plan
Medical Benefits Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
9 company Holidays
In-office perks & events
Let’s face it, location matters. We are based in Sacramento, California just 5 minutes from the heart of a revitalized and growing Downtown. Known as the City of Trees and California’s state capital, Sacramento is a rising urban area with a vibrant dining and entertainment scene, access to popular Northern California destinations, and a cost of living that’s half the rate of the Bay Area.
As the nation’s Farm-to-Fork (Farm-to-Table) capital, Sacramento has access to 1.5 million acres of farms that grow more than 120 types of crops, which has produced an array of fantastic restaurants throughout the city with a level of fresh cuisine that’s unrivaled. The Sacramento area is also home to over 40 craft breweries and is centrally located to over eight wine regions, including Amador County, Lodi, and Napa Valley.
Sacramento’s prime location also means you’re less than 2 hours away from world-class skiing in Lake Tahoe or a night out in San Francisco. However, between the city’s burgeoning downtown area—and the new home for the NBA’s Sacramento Kings—historic sites dating back to Sacramento’s pioneering roots, and friendly, welcoming community, you’ll find plenty of reasons to stay in town.
Interested? Let’s make this happen.
If you’re interested and ready to make the jump to DialSource, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Site Reliability Engineer at DialSource ✌