DialSource is looking for an experienced Support Engineer. This person will be responsible for processing escalatedTier 2 support requests from customers. They will be expected to be able to completely understand the customer’s problem statement and be able to record and/or reproduce the problem in a controlled environment. Following the collection of the details to troubleshoot the problem, it is expected that this candidate will be able to dive into the source code and identify the module or subsystems most likely causing the problem. This information should be collected into a bug report ticket that will be submitted to the development team for remediation. Strong communication skills and the ability to understand customer use cases is essential for this position. While it is not necessary to be able to design software architectures, It will be necessary to be able to understand complex software architectures and how components communicate to be able to help identify where the problems are occurring. Having a background in programming will be essential in being successful in this position. This is not a development position and it is not expected that the problems will be resolved by this position. Rather this is a position to assist the development team in identifying where problems are occurring. If the candidate is able to solve problems as well, that is a bonus.
- 2+ years of working experience working with customer support.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills that include bug reproduction, log review, and problem isolation.
- Ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure and communicate clearly with teammates.
- The ability to write scripts to support operations and accelerate troubleshooting.
- Self-motivated with the desire to learn, grow and proactively address issues.
- Ability to communicate and understand problems as described by users.
- An understanding of how networked communication systems work.
- An ability to understand complex software architectures.
- The ability to systematically troubleshoot a problem from front end, to back end.
Desired Skills (not required but preferred):
- Familiarity with VoIP Protocols such as SIP and the ability to trace VoIP Calls.
- Asterisk / Freeswitch / OpenSIPs / Kamilio.
- Understanding of how IPv4 Routing works.
DialSource is a rapidly growing enterprise software company in the sales enablement space. We create software for businesses to make, receive, and manage their customer-facing communications. Our applications for Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM are designed to automate recurring sales and service tasks, eliminate manual activity logging and streamline CRM management; while improving the capabilities of inbound and outbound communications over the phone. We host our own telephony in house and are comfortable working with cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, gRPC, Golang, and Typescript to deliver the best possible customer experience.
If you’re interested and ready to make the jump to DialSource, click the link below to send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Support Engineer Tier 2